Drayperson & Warehouse Assistant (Applications Now Closed)
The Five Points Brewing Company is looking for a reliable, hard-working and dedicated Drayperson & Warehousing Assistant to join the logistics & warehousing department of one of the UK’s fastest growing craft breweries. The role will be varied and fast-paced, with scope for learning new skills and progression within the company. This is a full time position, initially on a 12-month fixed term contract, with a view to a longer term position.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, East London. Now selling over 2.5 million pints annually and exporting internationally, we employ over 35 staff across our brewery, warehouse and office teams. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to our staff welfare, training and progression, and a key player in the UK craft beer industry.
● Drive our fleet of delivery vans and trucks, delivering our beer in an efficient and responsible manner
● Provide excellent customer service to all accounts, being a responsible brand ambassador
● Adhering to company delivery processes, including picking stock systems and careful delivery note counter-signing
● Collection of and responsibility for any payments received in cash, where necessary
● Transfer of stock between Five Points locations, sister venues and related events
● Adhering to company van maintenance & housekeeping routines, making sure that our fleet is presented to the highest standard
● Adherence to company fleet H&S requirements, including daily inspection of fleet, careful reporting of defects and excellent associated record-keeping
● Ensure vans are clean and tidy inside and out.
● Carry out warehousing duties under the direction of the Warehouse Manager and Logistics Manager
● Adhere to warehousing processes inc. stock control, stock rotation & record-keeping
● Adhere to Company Goods Receipt processes, make sure goods are properly received, dispatched, stored and record-kept
● Assist in packaging or repackaging tasks
● Maintain highest standards of warehouse order, safety and cleanliness
● Hands-on, reliable and hardworking
● Able to show initiative, be flexible and work independently
● Able to comfortably move and lift kegs & casks
● Enthusiastic and personable, ideally with some interest in craft beer
● Keen for the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing craft brewery
● Full current UK driving licence essential
● No more than 6 points
● Knowledge of traffic laws and highway code
● Excellent numerical and customer relation skills
● Right to live and work in the UK.
● Ability to speak, read and write English language essential
● LGV and HGV categories desirable, but not essential
Salary & Benefits (including training)
● London Living Wage – £19,201 per annum (35 hours per week)
● Recognised training to increase your driving and logistics skills will be funded by the company where appropriate
● Company pension scheme
● Community and charity day leave
● Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
● Discounts in sister businesses and venues
● Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to email@example.com. Please mark the subject “Drayperson & Warehousing Assistant ”. Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 19.07.19. Interviews with suitable qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date. The Five Points Brewing Company is an accredited London Living Wage employer, and an equal opportunity employer.