Operations Manager (Applications Now Closed)
Please note: applications for this role have now closed.
The Operations Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the Owner/Managing Director. As part of the leadership team, the Operations Manager will be committed to our company values and be instrumental in delivering our vision for growth and expansion.
You will focus on ensuring that the company runs as smoothly, efficiently, professionally and profitably as possible. You are responsible for;
- Ensuring the company has professional and effective systems, procedures and policies to achieve its aims
- Our statutory obligations
- Company Health & Safety obligations and policies
- Oversight of human resources
- Improving professionalism, staff training and mentoring
- Integrity and maintenance of our premises, facilities, equipment and stock
- Control of costs
- Line management of logistics & supply chain
- Quality control post-packaging and ‘in trade’
- Oversight of our environmental impact
- Helping implement the company mission statement
You will adhere to and seek to implement our company values and mission statement at all times. We are committed to;
- Staff Welfare & Training
- Social Responsibility
- Environmental Responsibility
- Collaboration & support for the brewing industry
- Commitment to the community
- Ensuring the company has professional and effective systems, procedures and policies to achieve its aims, and which are maintained, adhered to and improved.
- Responsibility for ensuring that we comply with our statutory obligations, inc. health & safety, fire safety, HMRC Duty registration, hygiene, First Aid compliance, FLT training, PAT testing etc
- The integrity of our premises and stock inventory (both raw materials and finished goods) across all sites, maintenance and premises improvements
- You will have human resources oversight, helping ensure fair, progressive and effective policies are implemented and adhered to and that all staff are correctly inducted, annual leave systems are maintained, appraisal, disciplinary and staff welfare issues are observed.
- Development and oversight of company-wide staff training programmes and mentoring.
- Line Management responsibility for all supply chain staff (Logistics, warehouse, delivery team, in trade), human resources and office management functions.
- Responsibility for customer service improvements and training, for example, quality retailer training, oversight and responsibility of QC ‘in trade’.
- You will work closely with managers in all departments that impact on company operations, including Production, Sales, Marketing, and Finance, you will help production staff ensure process and quality consistency, and work closely with production planning.
- Ensure that costs are controlled, seek value in supplier contracts, reduce waste and inefficiency, help ensure company profitability.
- Ensure that we implement environmentally responsible policies and practices.
Skills & Qualifications
- Five years of experience in brewery operations or a related field (food & beverage/manufacturing/logistics etc) is essential
- A degree in operations, business, management, or a related field would be an advantage
- Proven leadership, project management, and problem solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate success initiating change in previous roles
- Proven experience of implementing staff training and team development
- Expertise in computer spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency in an ERP system is desirable
- Strong analytical abilities
- Knowledge of forecasting, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Ability to lead cross-functionally across departments
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent presentation skills
- You must be available to work in the UK without restriction
Welfare and Benefits:
Staff welfare benefits include:
- 28 days of annual leave p.a.
- Company pension scheme
- Community/charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra day annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Training and entrance to Cicerone Certified Beer Server (Level 1) qualification
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer
We value our staff and our customers and we are dedicated to quality in all parts of our production and supply chain. We are committed to being a socially responsible business and employer, contributing to the local and wider community.
Now selling over 2 million pints annually, we employ over 40 staff across our brewery, warehouse and brewery tap teams. We have exciting expansion plans, including trebling our production capacity in 2018
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a covering email outlining why the position appeals to you, what you will bring to the role, and with a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please mark your subject line “Operations Manager”.
Immediate start date available or as necessary depending upon circumstances. Competitive salary by negotiation depending upon past experience.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an accredited London Living Wage employer, and an equal opportunity employer.
Final closing date Monday 25th June, although interviews with suitably qualified applicants will be held before this date.