Shift Lead Brewer
The Five Points Brewing Co is looking for a Shift Lead Brewer to be responsible and accountable for running the production team shifts. The role will focus on ensuring that the Production Brewers are working efficiently and safely as well as ensuring site security is maintained at all times.
• Ensuring adherence to our statutory obligations, HACCP Plan, and Quality Management System.
• Accountability for the smooth running of the brewery, cellar and packaging, including decision making on the shift.
• Ensuring Health & Safety Policies are in place and being followed.
• Responsibility for providing First Aid and Fire Safety.
• Ensure site security at all times and be responsible for opening and closing the brewery.
• Facilitate shift handovers and hold daily team briefings.
• Responsibility for providing training to production staff.
• Ensure beer is in specification for packaging dates.
• Wort production, monitoring fermentations and performing of cellaring tasks on a shift basis including but not limited to: beer transfers, centrifuging, yeast handling, dry-hopping, and CO2/DO checks.
• Performing Quality Control checks in line with our lab requirements.
• Take responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines.
• Stock control and inventory management.
• Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policies.
• Effectively communicate with all team members.
• Assist on and oversee the packaging lines where required.
• Assist other heads of department in projects where required.
• Help to host and conduct brewery tours and ‘Meet the Brewer’ events.
• The role involves shift work including early mornings, evenings and some weekend work.
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, East London. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to our staff welfare, training and progression, and a key player in the UK craft beer industry.
Salary & Benefits (including training)
• 37.5 hours per week – £25,000+ negotiable depending on experience
• 28 days of annual leave per annum pro rata
• Company pension scheme
• Community and charity day leave
• Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
• Discounts in sister businesses and venues
• Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to email@example.com. Please mark the subject “Shift Lead Brewer”. Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 30/06/21. Interviews with suitable qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date.